Tuesday, January 31, 2012

All Work And No Crochet....

Makes me a lousy blogger!

I've been at my new position at work for just over two weeks now, and it is really keeping me busy. I was used to some downtime where I could crochet in the privacy of my office, but I am back out in cubicle land now, and I am staying busy all day. I'm not complaining -- I enjoy my work, but it does keep me from completing projects as quickly as I was before.

I am currently working on a North Carolina Tarheel themed sun hat that I hope to play a lot of golf in this Spring, Summer and Fall. The pattern I am using was for a child's hat, so I've had to increase the number of rows to make it big enough to fit me. Since it was mostly single crochet, it is slow going using a size G hook. The crown wasn't too bad, and I did switch to half-double on the side of the hat, but the brim is taking forever. I'm up to 144 stitches on my last round and probably have at least half a dozen rounds to go (with a six stitch increase each time) before I am happy. Might not sound like a lot to some of you, but I can only take so much at a sitting before I have to take a break. I hope to finish it up this weekend, but still have to buy the patch I plan to sew on to complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment