Saturday, February 11, 2012

Just In Time for March Madness




This is a project I started in early January, but it took me a while to get the sizing right and to figure out what stitch I really wanted to use. I finally settled on single crochet for the crown, band and brim, but used half-double crochet on the side. That many single crochet stitches was tedious work and I had to put it aside several times and work on something else. I got the UNC patch in this week, so I figured I needed to focus and finish it.

Unfortunately, my Tarheels lost to arch-rival Duke earlier in the week, but I have confidence that they will be ready for a deep run in the tournament in March and April. Regardless, I plan on making this my regular golf hat even though it will clash with my Crimson Tide golf bag and head covers! Oh well, the follies of following two different college teams depending on the sport, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment