Saturday, February 25, 2012

On the hook

I haven't finished much lately, but I've got several works in progress (WIPs in Ravelry-speak) on the hook at the moment. As I mentioned in my last post, I started a pair of crocheted socks. I am almost done with the first sock, and although I think it will look really nice, I'm not sure how functional it will be. Single crochet doesn't have a lot of give to begin with and combined with my typical tight stitch, I'm afraid my wife may never be able to get them on her feet! So, they may become a piece of artwork.

I'm also working on a shell pattern scarf using some yarn my mother-in-law gave us a while back. Actually, it is the same yarn I used for my first native american flute case. Anyway, I ran out after the scarf was about 40", but fortunately the yarn is readily available at JoAnn, and it comes in a one-pound skein! I expect to finish the scarf some time this week and will post a couple of pictures then. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet - either give as a gift or sell on Etsy.

I bought some more variegated cotton yarn to make another bucket hat and hope to start it later today. This one will be my geocaching hat, complete with a patch from Groundspeak's store. I haven't decided if I am going to play with the pattern a bit or do it just like the Tarheel bucket hat, but I'll post photos once it is done. Oh, and if you aren't familiar with geocaching, check out this link. You'll probably end up addicted, so I apologize in advance.

By the way, I created a Twitter account today. Not sure how much I will use it, but if you are interested, you can find me by searching on TMBeavers.

That's it for now! Happy hooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment