Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wooden Hook Experiment

I just got my first wooden hook from SnokistFarmGirl - it is a US Size G (4mm) in Surina wood. It is 7.5 inches long with a decorative end. What struck my immediately is the amount of flex in the hook. I tend to crochet on the tight side and this hook definitely made me relax the stitches a bit. I would assume the flex decreases as you go up in size, but it definitely takes some getting used to. I do find the cotton yarn I am using tends to slide less freely on the wooden hook, but it isn’t enough to be an issue for me. I’m glad I got the hook to experiment and definitely think it will be a nice addition to my collection for projects where I need to ensure a looser stitch, but for me, the stability of the aluminum hook at this size is still preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment