Friday, January 20, 2012

Deep Woods Explorer Cap




As you have already seen, I enjoy making hats. I've been looking around on Ravelry for a good, outdoorsy style hat, but the couple I tried really didn't work out or seemed to have some design flaw. So, taking several stitches I learned in trying them, I came up with my own design and am quite pleased with the result. I used a bulky weight, variegated yard that really went with the pattern extremely well.

You can find the pattern on Ravelry at the following link. If you decide to give it a try and find any problems, please let me know so that I can correct them.

3 comments:

  1. Greetings from your 1st Follower. I saw this pattern on Ravelry and thought it was a nice design. I hope there will be more to follow.

    I also liked your Native American Flute Sleeve. It brought back memories of learning to play the flute-a-phone when I was in 3rd grade. I think that is what started my interest in playing an instrument . . . but, not sure if I could have made a sleeve for my cornet. LOLOL

    COme visit my blog and you might see some patterns you would like to make.

    Oh, I'm tavish on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw your pattern on Ravelry and it caught my eye as I was in need for something masculine in a hurry so didn't really want to design something and go thru the trial and error process. This is one of the best Crocheted Masculine hats that I've seen needless to say once here I saw that you were a guy and was fascinated (wish I could get my husband to crochet!) So I've read everyone of your posts... very entertaining I will continue to follow you :) I'd like to invite you to my blog on Wordpress: http://www.affordablewonders.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Again! I just finished the hat! I used different yarn though not bulky and I'm a bit to impatient for SC's but that's my major defects if it says SC I run or change it lol well I will be posting to Ravelry in a bit. But I also wanted to blog about your pattern (and you) I wanted to ask and see if maybe you'd like to share your first name... Just feels odd to write about mrtripps. But if that is what you want to go by I can do that :)

    ReplyDelete