Monday, January 23, 2012

So, Who Is The Man Behind Man-Made Crochet?




Now that I have a few followers, I figured it might be nice to let you know a little about me. I didn't really expect to do much in the beginning with this blog except post a few patterns from time to time, but I'm enjoying it for now, so we'll see where it goes.

I addition to crafty stuff, I'm also a sports fan. I played a lot of baseball in my younger years and actually thought I might make it professionally at one time. Of course, a lot of young people have that dream only to realize the numbers are against you once you reach that level. Anyway, I am an Atlanta Braves and Boston Red Sox fan. Strange combination, but it works for me.

I also love college football and have been a fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide as long as I can remember. I was brought up while Bear Bryant was still in Tuscaloosa, so my roots run deep. We are experiencing a nice resurgence under Nick Saban, so life is good for Bama fans right now. Roll Tide!

I started playing golf when I was about 15, and wish I had started sooner. I don't play as much as I would like, mainly because it has become so expensive, but I enjoy my time on the course when I do play. I'm a single handicapper for those that know what that means. For those that don't, it wouldn't really mean much to you if I explained it. :-)

Another obsession my wife and I have developed over the last five years is with MINI Coopers. We've now owned four different MINIs, each with its own distinct personality. Feel free to check out my other blogs, especially the LEGO MINI for more on that aspect of our life although I don't update them nearly as much as I have been updating this one.

I have four children, two boys (18 and 7) and two girls (16 and 3). The older set live with their mom in Alabama and are big into percussion. My son plays top bass for the defending DCI world champion indoor drumline and my daughter plays in the pit for a nationally ranked high school indoor drumline. She also just learned to crochet over the Christmas break, so I look forward to seeing some of her finished work soon. My younger two kids are educated at home and both are already interested in learning how to knit and crochet like mommy and daddy.

If I tried to tell you about all the animals we have shared our home with over the years, I'd be writing for days, so let's just say we have been accused of being the crazy pet people from time to time. Mostly cats, but we've had dogs, gerbils, fish, hermit crabs and even a goat for a while. Petsmart loves us almost as much as Hobby Lobby!

So, there you have it. The man behind Man-Made Crochet. I hope to keep you entertained with my creations and finished projects in the future and always welcome your comments and ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Ah mini cooper... I always wanted the van with the wooden trim when I was learning to drive but unfortunately it never happened. Great to read the back ground and keep the brilliant crochet coming!

    ReplyDelete