Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sun Hat for Eloise



One of my four younger sisters will be having her first child some time in April if all goes according to plan, so I made a sun hat for my new niece using a great pattern from Lion Brand Yarns. If you are interested in the pattern, it is called Kid's Sun Hat #90263AD and a link can be found on Ravelry.com at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kids-sun-hat-90263ad.

I used the G hook suggested by the pattern along with a nice variegated cotton yarn and the hat should fit my niece as an infant and probably for a year or so after assuming she doesn't end up having a huge head! This hat is worked in spirals with simple, single crochet stitches. You work two rows in the back loops only to get the down turn on the sides and then the up turn on the brim.

I also plan to make some type of flower to attach to the side of the hat as an embellishment. Not sure yet what color I am going to make it.

I enjoyed making it so much that I have already started another one for my youngest daughter - this time using a larger hook and an acrylic yarn to get a larger hat. I'll post more details about it once it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment