Monday, January 16, 2012

Native American Flute Sleeve




My wife and I bought a great pattern book for beginning crocheters called "63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine To Make An Heirloom Afghan" shortly after I started hooking. It teaches a lot of great stitches and someday we plan to actually make a pair of the afghans together to see how they turn out. One of my favorite stitches in the book is the Trinity stitch. It yields a very dense fabric that I initially planned to crochet into a scarf. After about two feet of work, I realized it would probably be too stiff for a scarf, but it would be perfect as a protective sleeve for one of my Native American flutes. So, I folded it over longways, whip-stitched it together and voila! Now, I have a good looking way to carry my flute!

No comments:

Post a Comment